Costa Rica – Join us in birding heaven
Costa Rica is one of the richest countries in the world for birds. More bird species have been recorded here than in the whole of North America yet the country is only the size of a small State! This Holiday Birding Tour has been organised to cover most of the best birding areas and aims to visit as wide a range of bird habitats as possible. Of course such a diversity of habitats will also produce diversity of wild flowers, orchids, butterflies and amphibians. The scenery is stunning and sure to add an extra ingredient to make this special holiday one to remember!
Not only does Costa Rica have coastlines on both the Pacific Ocean and Caribbean Sea (Atlantic Ocean), but forest types ranging from dry deciduous forests in the lowlands to lush evergreen cloud forests in the highlands. It also has rivers, marshes, swamps and subalpine paramo.
Costa Rica is an all round destination, good food, great accommodation, scenically beautiful, fantastic wildlife and wonderfully friendly people. It always amazes our guests how varied a landscape such a small country offers and the diversity of birds reflect the great range of habitats present. If you haven’t yet been then go or at least put it on your life’s wish list!
By way of relaxing before and after our main tour, you can book an extra night prior to the start and at the end of our birding tour. We use the Hotel Bougainvillea in San Jose as our start and end point. We thoroughly recommend this hotel, set within its own grounds, beautifully landscaped and with several birds and plants to interest those given to strolling through gardens at their own pace. For prices see the Main Tour Info in the right column.
Reserving your place is both easy and inexpensive!
Main Tour Info
- Tour dates: 31st of January – 15th of February 2019
- Price: US$ 5.900US$ 800 Single supplement
- Deposit: 20% of tour price
- Includes: All accommodation, all meals (except on arrival and departure day) and transport, fulltime guiding, Nature reserve entrance fees, 3 boat-trips and airport transfers.
- Excludes: Flights, insurance and personal costs
- Tour party: Minimum 6, maximum 10 persons
- Your flight planning: Arrival on the 31st of January at Juan Santamaria Airport of San José. Departure on 15th of February after 18.00 PM from Juan Santamaria Airport of San José
- Optional: For extra nights in San José in the superb hotel BougainvilleaUS$ 115 p.p.p.n breakfast includedUS$ 35 p.p.p.n single supplement
If you are interested to travel to this destination please send us this information form and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible
Travel together as Friends